Stand Up To Stigma enjoys getting peers together for social outings and explorations. It’s a great opportunity to get to know each other outside of our weekly support groups. Come as you are and come as you feel. The cool part about hanging out with other peers is you’re automatically accepted with no explanations needed.
It’s time for another field trip! Do you like trains? This Sunday we’ll be meeting at the Albuquerque Trainyards, on 1st Street south of Central Avenue in Albuquerque, New Mexico, to view AT&SF Locomotive 2926 in action!
New Mexico Heritage Rail is having their third outing for the fully restored historic locomotive. This is our third excursion to see the historic train that is moving under its own power in decades. For those who passed on our other prior 2926 field trips because of the heat of the day, this excursion will be inside and out of the sun.
STS peers met at the first 2926 event last spring and last summer, and we had such a stellar experience we’ll be there again! Come out for the camaraderie and to support the efforts of New Mexico Heritage Rail!
What: AT&SF Locomotive 2926 Event
When: 12PM Sunday, October 1, 2023
Where: Albuquerque Trainyards
North Rail Yards
777 1st St. SW
Albuquerque, NM 87102
Stay tuned for meeting spot at the rail yards (we’re waiting for an email back from NMHR).
- Jemez Mountains – Let’s escape the heat and go swimming in the beautiful highlands! TBA
- Route 66 v.1 – There’s going to be a lot of these. TBA (weather permitting).
- Railrunner to Santa Fe – The train to Santa Fe is relaxing and air conditioned. TBA
- Sandstone Bluffs, El Malpais National Monument – Great views, great history, and great geology. TBA (weather permitting)
- Petroglyph National Monument – These are regular walks in the national monument on Albuquerque’s West Side. Schedule coming soon.
- Sunday Museums in Albuquerque. Schedule coming soon.
- Old Town Strolling – Hanging out under the big shade trees at the Plaza sounds great. TBA
- Downtown Albuquerque Walking Tour v.1 – There will be many of these guided history tours. TBA
- Rockhounding in New Mexico! Get your Geology Merit Badge!